Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Thank You!


A very big THANK YOU to everyone that stopped by our Fall Open House!  
It was a beautiful day inside and out! 
My family is amazingly supportive and I couldn't have done it 
without them and some very sweet friends!  Thank you!!




Mark helped me hang a few quilts outside on the house an in the trees.  
I just never have time to snap like I should on these busy days!  
Thank heavens for our cell phones!
The quilt hanging by the front door was made by my sweet friend, Jolene.
The rest hung were mine with the exception of the antique ones who were made by 
Mark's great grandmother!  Such treasures :)


We had a mini trunk show from a designer I just recently discovered, Sandra at 


I still have a few kits left of her Celebration's project hanging in the window above this photo.
You meet the nicest people in this industry!!



Can you believe it's already time to start thinking about projects for Christmas?
At least for me it is, if handmade gifts are involved!!


These are the cutest little acorns ever!  Pattern by Wooden Spool Designs
Modified a wee bit by me, adding wooden stems.


A special thank you to dear friends who let me borrow projects 
they have beautifully stitched for  samples!
Leslie B. made Autumn Reflection by Lily Anna Stitches



Lisa F. stitched the darling With Thy Needle project by Buttermilk Basin



Kaye N. let me borrow her playful Cold Days table runner

And Jolene H. generously shared anything she had 
that she thought I might could use!
(and I don't have photos of all of them here)


I thought I better post a photo or two of the samples 
I made up for our thank you gift.



I wanted to share where I took my inspiration for these little projects...
Ya gotta love Pinterest!


 This photo linked back to  Winding Vine Wanderings Her blog is so much fun!!
 I think she did such a beautiful job with these!!
I loved the wool on the ticking!!


At the Open House we gave everyone a little bag of inspiration with an 8 x 10 piece of 
ticking, two die cut leaves, an acorn and piece of pretty yarn to play with!
The little one shown above is in a 5 x 7 frame and the one below is an 8 x 10.


We hope we inspired you to start feathering your nest for the holidays and to get going on...


(Little Witch was an Etsy treasure I found a few years ago) 

the best kind of gifts you can give...

(Pincushion was a gift from Carol A. her own design)
 Handmade with love!



Hope to see you soon!  xo


3 comments:

Patti said...

Oh my I wish that you were closer! Such a lovely open house! Thank you for sharing my pillows - I love the thank you gifts that it inspired :)
Blessings, Patti

Jeanette Hobbs said...

Looks fabulous. So sorry I couldn't make it. Sad for me. You do beautiful work. Just makes me happy.

Gayle said...

Leisa - I always enjoy visiting your studio and seeing all the beautiful projects you have on display - thanks for such a lovely event!