Monday, June 10, 2013

A Good Day

We sure had a great time in the studio Saturday!  My favorite quote of the day was, " I hope we all end up in the same old folks home together!"  We relished in the sweet time it is to create with other women who enjoy the same things we do.  Watching a fuzzy pipe cleaner magically form the  armature of tiny little 3" fairy was pretty exciting.  There is a lot of wrapping and sometimes a lot of starting over!   The best is part is making her clothes and dressing her.  We all agreed how we were similar to these tiny dolls; not looking to hot without any clothes on!  I failed as a photographer that afternoon, but I will share a few photos to document the day anyway.  Thanks for coming ladies!  You were so much fun to work with!



 We sure had a great time!  Sorry I couldn't focus my camera...


A few of the wee ones all finished up.

We worked from Salley Mavor's book Felt Wee Folk.  She is currently revising it and will be printing a new edition in 2015.  I understand the distributor is out but she has some copies available in her ETSY shop. Once in awhile one will come up on Amazon. I also highly recommend her newest book, Pocketful of Posies that I blogged about here.  Wonderful inspiration!


Hope your gardens will have magic all summer long!

2 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Ladies.. How absolutely wonderful to share such a wonderful time together creating those wee folks.. They are look fantastic... I have the books and the desire to make some wee folk dolls too BUT Alas NO one to create with.. very sad face. Maybe one day I will make one.. you all looked so very happy that you all made me smile. Hugs Judy

Tammy N said...

Wish I lived close enough to come to one of your classes or events. I love the Wee Folks. I made two little people from one of her kits before the book even came out. Of course I ordered the book as soon as it was released. Your fairies are adorable!