Tuesday, August 14, 2012

M I A

Yep.  Missing in action for the entire summer!  My excuse is a good one though and something I am pretty passionate about.  Family.  Sometimes you just need to simplify...so I did.  We have had a wonderful (despite the wild ride life and family can give you) summer. I am finally spending time back in the studio again so happy to be here!

Fall Open House is scheduled for Saturday, September 29th.

I'd love a little input.  We have done  Friday evening and  Saturday daytime hours in the past.
It seems that our first day is always the busiest and then things slow down a little the second day.  We aren't sure if this is because night time hours are better or if people are just excited to come visit. Let us know what you think in the comment section before we set things in stone. Two days is certainly an option.  We have some fun things up our sleeves and are looking forward to sharing with you.  Please be sure to bring in some of the things you have been working on.  We'd love to see what you have been up to.

We are also hoping to f i n a l l y have a Calender with a few things scheduled on it soon!

::  for a bit of inspiration  ::
 I came across this blog months and months ago and I keep thinking about this woman's creativity and resourcefulness.  I just have to share it.  Vicki took a thrifted wool blanket and created 40 of the most beautiful items!  It was a two year process and definitely worth peeking at. She even wrote a book that includes many of the projects she created entitled, Blanket Statement. It is available at Amazon



So clever and pretty. 
Feel the need to go hunt down an old wool blanket?

Click here to view her blog post.
Her blog is called Turkey Feathers.  Hope you enjoy her as much I do!

Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!
It will be over in a blink.

2 comments:

Jake Lindsey Molly Owen said...

Can't wait for the openhouse

:)

Karen said...

Now I know how fun this is I always want to come. I am unable to plan ahead very well so I would vote for two days to give me more options Leisa, but if one is better I will understand... its a lot of work hosting us crazy Leisa wannabes