Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where Did Summer Go?

A new venture...an account with Moda.  We have two more shipments coming our way in this fall.  We are excited to start creating some new projects that will mix wool with cotton!


***
I was able to make two quilts for a sweet friend's two daughters this past month.  I loved creating them!  They are full of color, life and energy just like the cute couples they went to.  Sue Badley did a wonderful job quilting them...in record time, I might add.  I was under the gun to get these finished.  They were both pieced in about 4 or 5 days.

For Carlos & Kasey:
"Facet"  from one of Kaffe Fassett's books.
Kasey loves the colors of a peacock and especially purple.
 I started with a jelly roll of batiks and then went form there. Really fun to work with all of the fabrics that worked their way into this quilt.

 Below is the back.  I offset the strip of birds down the length of the quilt.
Samantha had given me this picture from an Anthropolgie Catalog:

Her color requests were green with a little rust and a modern feel.
For Samantha & Brandon:
I used this pretty tree motif for the backing and gave it a border all the way around so it can be reversed for a more quiet look.

Here is a photo of the quilts at their twin open house last week.  Congrats to both couples!!

The summer has been full of busy weeks and travel and family. Fall is in the air at night now.  I am looking forward to some new projects I have underway.  I am so happy to be settling into my new studio.  It's a great space!

No comments: