Saturday, April 6, 2013

Our Dreams


One of my very most favorite things to do is visiting
antique stores and cool thrift shops. We have a few in our
valley that supply me with great finds every now and again.
A few weeks ago I found this beautiful Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt
wooden spools, old buttons, a large pinecone, beautiful old scissors and tweezers
that were part of an old medical kit and....

A sewing machine identical to the one that I received as
a little girl, eight years old! The $15 price tag thrilled me.

The photo below is the year I got my little Singer, as well as the
Flying Nun Doll and new box of fresh crayons!
Oh, was I a happy girl! 
 I cannot tell you of all of the happy hours I spent sewing tiny little doll clothes and dreaming of the day I would be able to sew real clothes on my mom's big machine.  It was the beginning of my love of fabric and creating.

I feel so fortunate to get to work in such a creative atmosphere and associate with the most amazing people that come in and out of my studio.  It is a blessing.  I had a cute wool gatherer stop by this morning who is sending her talented brother little snips and scraps of wool.  He lives in CA and is creating beautiful works of art in the way of hooked rugs.  I hope to be able to share his story one day with you.  It is very sweet, like she is.  We talked about our lives and how we spend our time...or better yet, how we wonder how we should spend our time.  I have been thinking about the amount of "good" years I have left on this earth.  Will I get 10 more?   How should I be spending my days?  She said something that really made me think.  I understand exactly what you mean, I think of this everyday.  What should I do with my time?  I know there are only so many days left...but I have dreams of 50 years!  Wow!  We do have dreams and it only makes sense to make these dreams realities...because we never know when our time will be up. Thank you E.R. for your sweet visit this morning....and I wish you and your brother all the best!


Here is to making our dreams...real!


No comments: