Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Black Sheep Woolens!

It's hard to believe that I have been plugging along with this little business for 8 years now! It's an adventure for sure but a very enjoyable ride. I have begun to do a little design work and develop some patterns...very s l o w l y. I have grown out of the second room (first a bedroom, then the room over the garage) in our home and we are currently underway with a very exciting remodel of our studio! I used the word "our" because it is very much a family venture. We have creative souls among us and it has become evident that we all need some elbow room! The wool is taking over. I will keep you posted on the updates.

Dying wool is very satisfying. It's a study of color every time I start stirring things up in the kitchen. In the past I have sold my wool wholesale to quilt shops but have recently done a little retail out of my home. With the new studio, there should be plenty of room for teaching classes and creating! I love sharing the art of stitching and creating the most!

I felt like it was finally time to step out into the world. I'm hoping time will allow to keep this blog up. I certainly enjoy my time visiting others'!

Welcome!

No comments: